Alright so I should be studying right now, especially since I am even in the school library... but I'm not. No instead of studying for my Art 101 test, which I need to go take within the next hour, I am going to blog about my morning thus far.
Today was a fairly normal morning. Woke up around 7:30, got ready and drove up to Rexburg just after 9:00. The drive was fine. I got stuck behind a fairly slow 1J driver (This prefix on the front of a licence plate should just be an indication of the county the driver is from, but here in Idaho it also notifies the driver behind them their driving abilities. In the case of the 1J driver this indicates "I can't drive (but if I am -I am not very good at it)" [Missy- you do not belong in this group, although it is your county]). So my commute took a little longer than normal, but once I reached the highway I was able to fly past the 1J driver and enjoy my drive (cause it is so scenic).
My first class was fine; American Literature. My teacher gave a pop quiz and of course I had chose to skim the section this weekend instead of read it in depth- but I think I'll still make full points. If not I'll at least get one point for being in class. So after American Literature I went over to Family History. Good class today, it went by really fast. But I dread when that class ends, because I have a 2 hour and 45 min break. Now the good student in me should love this. I should love the opportunity I have to catch up on all my homework. But we can see how far that got me today. Well I at least attempted to be a good student today. When class was over I headed over the the student center to eat my lunch and study for my test. Well I found a perfect seat, got out my lunch and my text book and then began to read. It was awesome! I felt like such a good student. But I got half way down the first page and looked up to drink my Capri Sun when I saw a guy I had dated towards the end of the summer. So of course I stared at him making sure it was him, and once he noticed me I did the ever so awkward "oh hey" with the wave. I felt so dumb. But he was nice (after giving me the "who in the heck are you" face) and came to my table. It was a lot of fun to catch up. He and I went out a lot but we're never serious. So it allowed us to talk like best friends it seemed. But towards the end of lunch with Jordan, I saw "him" and I didn't know what to do.
By "him", I mean this guy I met in my Art lecture class. I have seen him since my first semester up at BYU-I, and I always thought he was cute. My first year I had to go to "The Spirit of Ricks" seminar and he was there as a student helping. I would see him every where it seemed. The fall of my second year, Anna and I had gone to some "welcome back" dance that took place on the baseball fields. At the end of the night I ran into him and he made some strange comment to me abotu me being at the dance. I didn't think anything of it and we left. I didn't even know his name, but I had seen him everywhere.
Well he and I know have a class together. It is a lecture class, so obviously we meet in a lecture hall. The first day I noticed him in the class I thought "perhaps I should sit by him and it least find out his name". Of course I didn't and still wouldn't have if it wasn't for last Thursday. I walked into class on Thursday as normal and sat in my usual seat. I, as always, noticed him sitting in the middle of the row towards the back (I notice this because I still think I should at least learn his name). Well I sat down and began pulling out my book and papers, when all of the sudden, he was sitting next to me. [Now I sit second seat in on the third row from the front. To my left there are open six open seats, but to my right there is only one. And he came and sat in the one.] Apparently he had missed class on Tuesday and needed the notes. He wanted to copy mine. (Now why on earth did he want my notes? I was lost.) I agreed and he ran to the copy machine with my notes. I thought for sure he would return them and then go back to where he was sitting. But no, instead he returned with my notes and his belongings. He sat next to me during the lecture. I didn't know what to think. So at the end of class I quickly gathered my things (but slowly enough that I didn't look like a freak- hopefully) and said it was nice to meet him. But no he wasn't done. He proceeded to ask me questions and walked with me to my class.
So anyways back to today. I saw him while I was eating lunch with Jordan. I didn't know what to do. He had seen me and I had seen him. Was I suppose to go say hi? He obviously had seen that I was eating lunch with a guy. If I was him, I wouldn't go talk to me. So I mustered up some courage and after Jordan left I went to throw my lunch in the trash near where he was sitting. (not the closest to me, but hopefully no one noticed) I couldn't think of what to say when I got there so I said "hey I saw you come in while I was eating over there" (I pointed to where I was sitting. As soon as I said it I felt like such a creep-stache. Ahhhhh! why?!!?) He was like oh cool. So I was so nervous I began asking him if he had taken our Art test yet. He noticed the book in my hand (I was originally trying to study...) and said that he hadn't but asked if I was planning on studying for it tonight. (possibley just a general question or perhaps he wanted to study with me) Either way I answered "Oh I'll be studying on and off all day. The last one was pretty easy". I was so embarrassed after that. I was like well I better go, see ya later. And he was like yup see you bright and early.
I didn't know what to do so I walked out right out the door and headed towards the library. I don't know why I feel so dumb, probably because I could feel how red my face was. But anyways. That's my morning so far. I should probably go study and take this test like I planned on doing today.
Chickie update
10 years ago

2 comments:
I am glad I am not in the bad driver catagory. I hated turning in my Michigan plates and admitting I am an Idaho driver now. Oh well. I still drive well.
At least you are good and got yours. I still haven't changed my licence. Good thing I haven't been pulled over. ...and I don't want to be an Idaho driver either!
Post a Comment