This is becoming an addiction or at least a bad habit to spend my extra time in the library updating my blog instead of studying my homework. They (being BYU-Idaho) were smart to block Facebook cause heaven knows no one would get anything done... but maybe they should have thought of blog sites. hmmmm... Anyways I thought I would give yet another (hopefully shorter) update on my day.
Typical morning, other then the fact it was -18 outside, according to my car. I tried taking a different way up to Rexburg today(for the locals- I took Hit instead of Ammon to the highway from 49th south). I can't seem to tell if it really got me to school any faster, but I did enjoy seeing some new objects. Not gonna lie, it is a really boring drive. And I will confess I speed because (A) it gets me there faster and I don't have to stare at the world around me as long and (B) it gives me some entertainment... it is so boring! And for those who have driven this path understand. It is just not fun BUT I will say I would rather commute (I do enjoy commuting better) than live in Rexburg.
First class of the day was journalism. I am so happy to be in this section of the class. I originally signed up for the course with a "pre-Madonna" teacher. I repeat he said "even if you get 100% on every assignment in my class you will only get a C". I just about threw up after his class. So naturally I dropped it and added a different section of the class with a new teacher. I love it. I don't think I would appreciate this class as much if I hadn't originally enrolled with pre-Madonna. But I had journalism this morning. Nothing eventful there.
My next class was Art. Well if you read yesterdays blog you know who is in my art class (see yesterdays super long entry if you don't follow). So leading up to class today I had a huge battle in my head which was if I was to walk into class and he was there do I (A) go sit next to him or (B) sit where I normally and habitually have been sitting since day one? Well I was so nervous that I delayed getting to class early (well part of it was me delaying the other was that is was so cold outside it was hard to move fast). When I got to class I walked in from the back of the lecture hall, this way I could see where he was sitting (if he was present) and choose if I was going to sit with him or in my typical seat. Luckily he wasn't there when I arrived so I went to where I normally sit only to find someone else sitting in it. So I had to sit further in the row. I was a little upset but put on a good face. I wanted to turn around every time I heard the door open to see if he was in class but I fought the urge.
About 20 minutes into class I noticed, out of the corner of my eye, a guy in a red sweatshirt diagonally behind me. I couldn't bring myself to fully turn my head to see if it was who I thought it was. I was way to embarrassed. Towards the end of the lecture a comment was made by a girl sitting behind him. So I turned towards the voice making the comment and conveniently looking to see if he was in fact the man I thought he was. Lucky me that the red sweatshirt man wanted to pay attention to the comment maker as well and wasn't looking my way. For it was in fact my new friend. (I AM SUCH A CREEPER)
I quickly turned around after the comment was made, to seem as though I didn't notice him sitting behind me. At the end of class I gathered my things and got up to put on my coat and there we was. He was waiting for me. He in fact had only worn his lovely sweatshirt to class and had no extra layers to put on as I did, so he was literally waiting for me. :) So we talked and walked as I headed towards the Benson building and he the library. It was great.
So after that I headed to Biology, only to realize I needed to make a phone call. (SIDE NOTE: yesterday I was supposed to take my art test and didn't... I wonder why. So I made plans to take it right after my Biology class at 1pm. Only forgetting that everything in Rexburg closes at 1pm for Devotional.) So I made a call to my employer to ask if she could teach my ballet class today because of my stupidity. She didn't answer so I left a message and went on to class.
Biology was good. We spent a whole chunk of our time talking about eating disorders. I really enjoyed the discussion and was actually quite happy we spent so much time on it in class. (SIDE NOTE: I have to participate by making a comment or asking a question, 30 times before the end of the semester) Because I am some what passionate about this subject I was able to contribute and get points today. It was a big deal to me. I hate participating, I am the kid who is quite and listens and takes good notes.
Anyways Biology got out 15 minutes early and I thought if I walked fast enough I could maybe take my test before it closes and still be able to teach tonight. (dumb idea I was on the opposite end of campus from where the testing center is) But I tried anyways and walked as fast as I could in my super cute ballet flats that provide no traction what so ever in this snow. Well as I was walking I was thinking to my self that I wasn't going to make it in time but either way I wasn't stopping for anything. HA HA well right when I was about 50 feet from the testing center I heard some one call my name- it was him. It was my new very cute friend from art. I couldn't help myself- I stopped but didn't move towards him. I kept distance, trying to give off the "I am cool" vibe. Anyways he was inquiring what I was up to. (I felt like such a nerd from practically running, as much as walk-running will allow, to the testing center.) So I tried to sound casual in that I was just coming down this way to check the time for when the testing center will reopen. (hahaha conveniently leaving out that I had been practically walk-running to try to take my test at that exact moment). He thought it was cool and chit chatted some more mentioning that he was going to take it later tonight. We talked about the past test and our scores. But before we parted he inquired if I would be attending Devotional today. (At that exact point in time I wished I had planned to take the day off work, that I had planned to take me test late and that I had planned on attending Devotional. On a normal Tuesday going to Devotional is no big deal but today Elder Christopherson was speaking and you could only get in with a ticket.) I told him that I might listen to it in one of the buildings but I didn't know I would be staying today so I didn't get a ticket. He of course had a ticket and would be going to Devotional in the Hart Building. Seeing that I wouldn't be heading in the same direction (to go to the Hart for Devotional) we said goodbye and headed separate ways. Except by that point and time I knew I had missed my window of opportunity to take my test before the center closed. But I didn't want to look like an idiot so I walked the remaining 50 feet and pretended to look at the hours of operation.
I don't know why but I seem to become the biggest loser when I open my mouth to talk to a guy I find attractive. Hopefully this will fade over time. I am surprised this guy is still talking to me, cause I sound like an idiot. Not to mention he seems to catch me off guard when I am doing something really stupid like walk-running to the testing center. Geez!
Chickie update
10 years ago

1 comments:
HA! It must run in the family that we girls find it hard to talk to cute guys. Hang in there cousin!
Post a Comment