Sunday, January 18, 2009

New Shoes and Salsa

It is sad, but I am only two weeks into the semester and I am already in need of a vacation. So I was very happy to hear when my parents mentioned they were going to Boise, Idaho for my cousin Ryan's farwell this weekend. Without delay I jumped onto the bandwagon and went along for the ride. I only had one request- shopping! I don't know about everyone else but shopping is very therapeutic for me. I don't even have to purchase anything. But being able to walk around and see color, shapes and textures allows me to relax. I feel as though it is my own mini-adventure.
One of my favorite things to do when I visit Boise is to go to Cost Plus World Market. When I lived in Westland it was my favorite store. I would always go there to get away. The store was always changing and you could spend hours exploring everything they had. It was also the ultimate store for gifts. You could be very creative with such a variety and products. And some were quite unique.Alright so don't mind the fact that it isn't a very good picture of me. But it just is an example of the fun I had in the store when I paid a visit on Saturday.

Alright so after visiting Cost Plus I went over to the mall. (The Macy's was the size of the whole Teton Mall- it was heaven!) But the best part of the whole mall experience was shopping at Ann Taylor. For most people it probably wouldn't be that exciting. But for those who see me quite often may notice that I am always wearing ballet flats. I love them. My favorite pair our made of brown satin with a bow at the toe. For Christmas Kelsey bought me a second pair in purple. And I wear them ALL THE TIME.
So while I was looking through Ann Taylor with my Mom, something caught my eye- the shoe table. There on their shoe table were three beautiful pairs of ballet flats that looks just like my purple and brown pairs! Now my original brown and purple flats were reasonably priced at $25 a pair, but Ann Taylor was having a sale and their flats were $9.94 a pair. They only had one size left in each shoe- an eight. I couldn't have asked for anything better. One shoe in each color left all in my size. Without a second thought I picked them all up off the display table and claimed them to be mine.
So here are my three cute new pairs of shoes.
And just to show off my whole collection, I know own brown, purple, red, green and blue satin ballet flats.

As I was adding my new shoes into my closet, along with some other new sweaters I purchased, I realized that it is a great thing that I don't have to share my closet whether it be a roommate at college or a significant other. I get to be selfish and take up the whole closet. It is wonderful! But I am beginning to run out of space...


Alright well I have one last thing to share with you, just so show once more how dumb I can be. Tonight I invited my cousin, Meri, over for a girls night. I was craving some sort of treat so we chose to make chocolate chip cookies. Well I was still in quite the snack mood and couldn't wait for cookies so I got out the chips and salsa. As I was getting a bowl to pour the salsa into, I noticed that the cap on the salsa said Shake Well. So at that point and time I decided to give the jug and good single shake (the up down kind) to mix it up. Well let's just say the cap wasn't actually twisted on...

I managed to fling salsa into three different rooms and all over me. Good job Allyson!

Just a few sample photos. This is the epicenter.

Thought you would enjoy someone else's commentary. So here is Meri explaining the situation.
After the salsa was cleaned off all the surfaces in the house we did get to make our cookies and they were delicious.... because I didn't make them. My mom and Meri did. I am a great host. ha ha I just provide the entertainment.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beginning students for any type of activity always look ahead and imagine the day when they will be able to wear pointe shoes. Ballet shoes are not a normal looking dance shoes they have an odd shape and with a flat section in the front of the shoe but they are designed in this fashion to help the dancer stand on their toes.

Anonymous said...

The shoes are SO cute!!! and as for the salsa that does not surprise me...all I need to say about that is remember don't give Ally the popcorn bowl lol!!!

Anonymous said...

haha I also wanted to say I so remember Cost Plus, remember the root beer bong lol!

Jeanna said...

What do you mean it's not a good picture of you? You look so pretty. And I laughed right out loud, which got me a few people looking at me funny, about your salsa experience. :-) That's something I would totally do. You are so cute!

Ally said...

Coll I so remember the popcorn experience. I still tell people that story. That was so funny. Thanks Jeanna you are sweet. I am glad you got a good laugh out of it as well. To be honest I almost peed my pants laughing when it happened. I thought it was hilarious.