
On October 21st Cesar and I received keys to our first place! We are now (well technically neither of us our living there yet but will be) residents of The Village apartment complex in Rexburg. I was so excited to have a place of our own, I kind of went picture crazy.
Now for those who are scratching your heads to as why Cesar and I got an apartment a month before we are getting married and we wouldn't even start to live in it till December, rest assured, we got a great deal. We bought the previous owners contract and the deal made was that they would pay our first months rent. They moved out the 2nd week in October so they had already paid their rent for that month and now they are paying our rent for November. So we won't pay rent until December. Talk about nice. We wont pay until we actually start living there.
Any ways check out our apartment. Excuse the mess. I was so excited to put my bridal shower gifts in the apartment so you will see bags everywhere.

Me at our front door!

Once you walk in our front door you have to choose left or right. This view above is the right side of the hall. The door on the left is our bathroom and the door straight ahead is our bedroom.
Our bedroom door/entry way
Our little room :) view from the door

Our closet is a decent size but Cesar and I love to hang all of our clothes on hangers but our closet can't hold all of our clothes to keep that habit. So we will be investing in a dresser.... we just need to figure out how to put it in our room.

This is the view of our bathroom from the door.

Starting at the left behind the double doors are our washer and dryer. This was the big selling point on this apartment for me. I didn't want to walk in the cold to the apartment laundry room and risk having my clothes thrown on the dirty floor....
To the right of the washer and dryer is our shower. I really love the stone tile in the shower... but what I don't love is the lack of shelving- but that I mean there is none. Not even a place for the soap! So I need to find something to organize it.

To the right of our shower is our strange space. I like the deep drawers and the counter top but there is nothing else in the rest of the space. The counter is as deep as our shower and it is open all the way to the top of the ceiling. So the next thing on my to do list is to find a rack of some sort to put in there and have it act like a linen tower.

This picture isn't necessary but here is our toilet. If you notice my bathroom is a little long and wide, that is because it is a wheelchair accessible apartment. So there is a lot of open space but that means a lack in storage and everything is low... but I love everything else.

Our wheelchair accessible vanity. I was kind of sad of the lack of counter space... cause I use quite a bit when I get ready in the morning but on the bright side it may be easier to keep clean cause we can't keep anything on it... ha ha we'll see

Alright so back at the front door you can see the coat closet left of the front door. Then at the end of the left hall our living room.

In the living room looking down our front hall and you can see our kitchen to the left.

Another view of our living room. This wall is our only shared wall with our next door neighbors.

Looking out from our kitchen to our living room and dining area. You can see our sliding glass door. We live on the first floor and we have a porch and a storage closet out there. It is super nice!

Another view of our dining area and porch

Our kitchen! I am going to go with a black, green and white motif. I hope it turns out as cute as I plan!

Our fridge is already decorated with our announcements ha ha

Another view

We have a pantry!

Cesar in the den

Our den is 10x10 just a nice size to put a desk and some storage
The other side of the den
The End! That is our apartment! We can't wait to move in completely and I can't wait to decorate :)
3 comments:
That is so exciting! Post pictures when it is all decorated. I know you will do an amazing job with it. So cute!
Hi! We found your blog on the world wide web! Your apartment looks awesome by the way.
Ok so first apartments are not supposed to look that nice! lol David wants to know how much you pay lol
Post a Comment